Friday, March 8, 2013

Beautifully Disney Make Up Collection!

Happy happy weekend!!

Hope you guys have had a great week! If you haven't already and are a fan of ABC's show Once Upon A Time, go check out my previous post about a special Q&A session I was able to attend this past Sunday!

Something else exciting happened this last week! Disney launched their own high end make up line at the resorts! It's called Beautifully Disney and features products with both princesses and villains.




This past Saturday the store Vault Disney located in Downtown Disney was holding make over sessions using the products from the line "Wickedly Beautiful". They had a DJ out to dance to and girls, both young and old, were able to get their nails done or have their make up done inside.
The display featured below was located in The World of Disney store where I purchased some goodies. Vault Disney also had a display inside but it wasn't the same as the main advertising campaign.

So what's in the line?

Disney really worked hard on bringing us a new high end product line for big kids haha. They've had such success with collaborations such as Mac, Urban Decay, Sephora and E.L.F., it's about time they came up with their own.

"Wickedly Beautiful"
In this debut collection, named "Wickedly Beautiful", we see two 4-shadow eye pallets, a princess and a villain line of lip glosses, and a matching line of princess/villain nail polishes. They also had several sizes of cosmetic bags available as well with matching patterns. Lastly, a very uniquely designed compact featuring both Snow White and the Queen.
The Princesses featured in this line, which is seasonal, are Ariel, Cinderella, Belle, and Snow White. On Team Villain we have Ursula, the Evil Queen, Maleficent, and Lady Tremaine.







The main color schemes are very feminine and are able to appeal to the adult masses.  Sometimes make up lines featuring princesses tend to look like they're geared towards little girls and juvenile, but this line is completely beautiful. The patterns have a Baroque feel with pinks, purples, reds and blacks and while they're similar, each bag has its own unique pattern. Very pretty.

Display case


I, of course, went straight for the Ariel themed merchandise!! You know I'll be rushing to buy when Sephora launches their Ariel collection.


I walked out with a green sparkly nail polish "Ocean Mist", a deep purple nail polish "Diva of the Deep", and a peachy nude lip gloss "Mysterious Mermaid".  I was very impressed with the nail polish! I'm pretty rough on my nails and they lasted from Saturday night to Wednesday before any chips happened. That's 4 full days!! That's insane for me! Haha, I actually might go back and get more.  The polish jars have little icons on top of the lid that coordinate with the character it's named after.  "Diva of the Deep" is obviously a nod to Ursula and it had her shell necklace icon on the top.  "Ocean Mist" for Ariel, had a single shell icon of her shell bra :)

This collection will be out through the end of March and then the summer line, "Unlock the Spell" debuts in May. After that we have "Fiery Spirit" in the works.  Disney announced there is a Winter line being finalized but a name has not.

I for one am super excited about all of these. I was impressed with the color range in all the items and I would have purchased more but I currently have too much make up to get through! Haha! I'm very curious if foundations or other face powders will make their way into the collections.
There were a few things I wish had been different but they're just my personal preference. I wish the cosmetic bags had the option to get just the princesses or just the villains on some. I personally would rather have just the princesses instead of both. Another thing was that the names of the polishes were stickers that easily come off on the bottom. I'd like to see them permanently on the bottle because that's part of the fun!

Be sure to get the bag when you check out!
If you haven't checked out the make up line, and are able to get yourself down to the parks (It's at Walt Disney World too!), go take a look!  Everything is super fun and since it is a limited line, it will be gone at the end of the month.

Did any of you guys get a chance to look?  Buy anything?



Hope you all have a great weekend!! Check back for another awesome post coming up, I was able to get my paws on some Disney history!

No comments:

Post a Comment