Friday, June 21, 2013

Magical Memory: Ariel's Grotto

Hi Mousers!

I was able to go into the park for a few hours and was lucky enough to be able to get reservations at one of my most favorite places to eat.  Ariel's Grotto! (No surprise there, right?)  I haven't eaten there in years due to the price tag but for some reason, I just felt like going.  And in all honestly, do we really need a reason to want to go?
My original plans with a friend fell through but the outcome was one of the best times I've ever had.  I went with my sister and my little niece for a Princess Lunch! You know I totally would have gone to a Princess lunch even without a kid in tow... lets be real here, but sitting there with a little one made it even more special.

She takes after her Auntie 

For those of you who maybe haven't been able to have a Princess lunch, it basically involves ... well, the Princesses! They're in the restaurant as you're eating and get to come to your table to chat, take pictures, and/or sign autographs.

So lets get to it, the first thing you do is stand in line. Big surprise there.


The line leads you to the check in desk for the restaurant and soon you descend down a spiral staircase to meet the lovely Ariel!

(Check out my niece's outfit.  Fish scale Leggings... DIE of cuteness!)

I am such a goob 
look how amazing the carpet is - WANT!
It was my niece's first time meeting the Princesses so we were a little unsure of how she would react to them.  As my sister walked up to Ariel,  you could see the wheels turning in my niece's little head.  She stared at her for a little bit and then surprised all of us by throwing her hands out and literally diving into Ariel. HAHA! We think she recognized the hair - same color as yours truely - and thought it was me!

You know, I think I'm ok with my niece thinking Ariel was me.... hahahaha

action shot of the dive - Ariel didn't quite know what to do!
If you are seated inside the restaurant, here are some pictures of the inside.  I LOVE the decor.  I wish I could recreate a lot of the details at my house. 


Now this particular eatery has a set price, multiple courses, and you choose your main dish.  It's pretty cool because you get a little taste of everything.

 

Once you have decided your main entree, all the yummies start to arrive at your table...

Out comes the bread and appetizer plates.


fruit skewers, meats, cheeses, olives, and a really good salad 

During this time, before the main course arrives, each Princess is announced and she proceeds to make her rounds to all the guests.  They go pretty fast but I think thats so they can get to everyone before the main meal comes out.  I can imagine many many many sticky, saucy fingers reaching up to grab their beautiful dresses. 

Belle was the first to arrive and my niece, Annabelle, was priceless!  She also would NOT let go of poor Belle's gloves! haha she loved them. 
"No... I'm Belle!"


Next out was Snow White, and unfortunately Annabelle was way more excited about her string cheese than she was into meeting her.  Snow was beautiful though and very sweet to try to get her attention back.  Sorry, Snow! 

 Aurora also came out and greeted us, but I didn't get a good picture of her.  Next time!

Last but most certainly not least was my sister's favorite, Cinderella.  The interaction between her and Annabelle was absolutely priceless and melts my heart every time I look at this picture.  Pure Disney magic. (... minus the kid in the yellow shirt photobombing)
kissy faces with Cinderella 

Once the Princesses have made their rounds, the main course is brought out.  In our hunger we forgot to take pictures of our plates.  Blogger FAIL. But I can tell you that both the Chicken and the Beef courses are really really good! 

I did manage to snap a photo of my super exciting drink!
Clip on Ariel light
As well as remember to get a photo of the kids meal Annabelle got for free! Children under the age of 3 get to pick of a certain menu and are free of charge. 
**Note to all mommies, while the shell pasta is a great idea and fits the theme, make sure it's cut up for the little ones. The shells are too big and they can choke** 



And finally, the part we've all been waiting for... the DESSERT!  It consisted of a very rich chocolate lava cake, 2 kinds of cupcakes with a whipped cream fruit frosting, a chocolate chip cookie, and fresh berries.  Everything was delicious!! 




Everything about this lunch was so much fun.  The themed menu, the decor, the Princesses, the good times, the view... you name it.. it was awesome! 
I highly recommend eating here at least once.  It's about $50 a person (does not get you in the park - you need entry first) depending on if you get drinks or other menu items.  Discounts are available with Annual Passes or Castmember ID's.  
If you want to make reservations, call Disney Dining at (714) 781-DINE

Thank you guys for following along with me on this great memorable day with my sister and niece.  I hope you check out Ariel's Grotto sometime soon and let me know how you enjoyed it! 

I'll leave you with one last picture of the bathroom! I want it!!
Hiiii! 







No comments:

Post a Comment