Thursday, August 16, 2012

Carthay Circle Theater Restaurant and @DCA Today!

This is a special post.  A special post of Disney Magic.

The month of July was an ongoing vacation blur for me down in Orange County.  I was able to go to the parks many times before my annual pass ended, which was in itself a real treat. I've was able to meet up with friends that I haven't seen in years, had experiences that I never thought were possible, said good bye to a long time friend as she moves to the next chapter in her life, and I even had the privilege of becoming an aunt for the first time when my sweet little niece, Annabelle, was born!

I asked myself so many times how this time could get any more incredible.... and then it did.

Little bit of backstory... the first week of my vacation was the week of "Epic Disney". A couple of my friends came down south to hit the park for a few days, buy their annual passes, and experience Carsland with me for the first time! It was a whirlwind of multiple fun days arriving at opening and staying all the way to closing. During this time my sister, who was very very VERY pregnant, was doing her best to walk and move around trying to get my niece to make her grand debut. (We actually had a Disneyland day before this to "walk the baby out") I had jokingly asked her wait to go into labor until AFTER I went to Carsland... And she did! However, I should have been more specific in my request for an extension.

The final day of our amazing Disneyland trip included a reservation to the swanky new Carthay Circle Theater Restaurant in DCA (Disney California Adventure). Knowing this place was very difficult, if not impossible, to get a walk up reservation I called 3 weeks in advance and set it up for the 3 of us to have a late lunch. We poured (and salivated) over the menu for days deciding what we were going to eat, drink, what we would wear etc. The desserts look divine! This was a big deal and we all were super excited!
Finally the day came! We had dressed nicer and had made sure to save the light/indoor attractions for the morning heat so we wouldn't get sweaty and smell like sunscreen in the restaurant. We got to the park about 7:30 am and then.. I got the text.

Right as we walked through the tunnel into Disneyland park.


I knew, as a first-time mom, statistics pointed that she had hours to go. I figured ok... It's 8am now... I have 6 hours to go before our reservation.. I might be able to still make it.

Yes. My sister is in labor and the first thing in my mind is if I still go to my lunch reservation at DCA! I'm ridiculous. *facepalm*


Fast forward the morning as we go about our Disneyland business all the while with my phone tightly gripped in hand. 1pm rolls around and I'm thinkin' I'm totally gonna make it to both the restaurant AND the hospital! Just as we are seated in the Lincoln theater and The Voices of Liberty begin their A Capella splendor...

The phone rings.

It's my dad.

"I'm coming to get you right now at DTD"

I didn't make it to Carthay Circle Restaurant and my niece was stubborn and didn't end up being born that day.  At the time all signs pointed to her arriving at any moment, but then she pulled the brakes. (I have a feeling this is going to end up being her personality LOL)

Early the next morning (3:30am) she arrived via c-section completely healthy and beautiful! To celebrate I sent this announcement tweet via Instagram:
screen shot off webstagram

Regardless of the fact that she didn't make her debut that day and I missed my reservation, I would not have traded that time for the world.  I love my sister to death and I'm incredibly happy that I could be there with her during her difficult day.

Little did I know that is wasn't only my followers on twitter who were reading my Instagram tweet.  Someone else had also seen my niece's announcement...


I sort of geeked out.  A Lot.  Once my excitement wore down about DCA Today actually responded to my tweet, I finally realized that I had a chance for another set of reservations!  Quickly confirming my friend, Katy, was available the next week I responded back with a time and date to @DCAToday.


At this point, I was over the moon!  First I get a niece, THEN I get a congratulations from DCA, THEN I get an offer for more reservations, THEN I GET the reservations.... AND THEN I get an extra surprise??

Seriously? This is what Disney magic is made of.  This is the magic that only Disney can bring.  They go over the top and make things better than you could have imagined. Heck, even if we received fastpasses to something I still would have been excited and more than appreciative!  This was probably the smallest deal, for him to be able to call up and place the reservation for me, but it meant so so much more than I'm sure he realizes. Thank You, Thank You DCA Today!

Writing this post has brought back all the emotions and excitement I felt when it was happening and I've sat here for about an hour with a big goofy grin on my face haha!

Make sure that you come back tomorrow to see what the BIG SURPRISE was in part 2!!

I'll leave you with one more pic of Miss Annabelle :)
LOVE



Part 2 is live! Click here for the continuing story!

No comments:

Post a Comment